Yes, you can! Flash Wireless makes this as simple as possible, during the order process you will have the option to have a new number assigned to you or transfer your service from another provider.
The information needed to complete a number transfer to Flash Wireless:
- Your existing 10 digit wireless phone number
- What carrier your number is coming from
- The account number (found on the bill or by contacting their Customer Care)
- Your name as it is displayed on the bill
- PIN number (typically this is a 4-10 digit number)
Keep in mind, the number you are bringing to Flash Wireless must be active for the transfer to complete. As soon as the transfer completes to Flash Wireless, your previous service will automatically be cancelled. Transfers from a wireless carrier to Flash Wireless typically complete quickly, but in some situations can take up to 4 hours for a response from your previous carrier. You may be required to provide updates or re-submit information in order to complete a transfer request, which may require you to contact your previous carrier if you have any questions.
After you submit your order, Flash Wireless will email you that your port is complete or if any issues have occurred, along with instructions on how to resolve any conflicts by logging into your MyAccount online.
Some special situations do exist, see below for examples:
- If you purchased a new phone with your order, we will delay the transfer until you receive and activate your new phone
- If you are transferring a wireline number to Flash Wireless, it can take up to 10 business days for your previous landline provider to release the number to us
- The number you are transferring must be in good standing and active with your previous carrier in order to be transferred, if any issues occur we will delay the port request until you can make contact with your old carrier to address the issue
Flash Wireless is committed to preserving your privacy and safeguarding your personal information and other sensitive details. We have a process behind the scenes with other wireless carriers that can help resolve issues, but we will only share details of your transfer request with you and not other parties, except where required by law.